Friday 17 April 2009

about me

My name is Anne.My painters name is Akasha.I have been painting Mandalas for the past 6 years. The inspiration to paint just came to me. I saw a Mandalas then 2 weeks later I plucked up the courage to paint this mandala. Painting has always been a great passion of mine and Mandala painting has given me the drive to forfil my dream.
For me the mandala is a door, a way to get to the soul. From the surface reality a Mandala is just a painting with a centre, from a soul level you have a chance to see inside yourself, the vast universe that lies within. You begin to see things you´ve never seen before. If you focus on one of paintings the colours expand, the picture breaths, pulsates, dances and spirals. I began to see a world we have never seen before. It has changed my life. A famous painter once said “I paint with my hearts blood” which means from the heart comes the blood and the blood flows onto the canvas. Its my own soul. The painting is not separate from me.

No comments: